ACPI on Toshiba Satellite not working (omnibook)

Michael Meier devnetmm at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 20 17:56:06 UTC 2011

After installing !0.10 Maverick on toshiba satellite (M70) with Intel Pentium M
I found the omnibook acpi-module without function.
I used it before with debian lenny 2007 and found it working in an installation
of ubuntu 10.04 with kernel 2.6.32.21.
Now having / testing 2.6.35.22 and 2.6.35.25 I may do a modprobe and appearing
the module in lsmod, but not working: /proc/omnibook will be found afterwards,
but empty.
With debian and 10.04 I was able to set the cooler function mode, throttling and
more.

Also I found in the kernel-config the Toshiba-Support deselected. But that was
the same with  kernel 2.6.35.21, where the acpi was working.
Though I tried making a kernel with this support but canceled since I found, I
have not the needed 3GB+ working space for this operation.
May I install (find) an older kernel 2.6.32.21 to the Maverick system and / or
what are other options to get the acpi working?

thank you for hints
michael