Oracle Virtulbox key issues

stan stanb at panix.com
Thu Feb 17 21:40:34 UTC 2011

Quite some time agao, I started having issues downloading teh Debian/Ubuntu
packages for Oracle's Virtualbox on a 64 bit 10.04 machine. I have sort of
assume that this was some sort of trasient issue on Oracle's end, and just
commented out the lines in /etc/apt/sources.list. Now I need to make this
work, and I am still having issues. Here is what I have in
/etc/apt/sources.list:

deb http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/debian lucid contrib

apt-key list tells me:

uid                  Oracle Corporation (VirtualBox archive signing key)
<info at virtualbox.org>
sub   2048g/281DDC4B 2010-05-18

But apt-get update faisl as follows:

W: GPG error: http://download.virtualbox.org lucid Release: The following
signatures were invalid: BADSIG 54422A4B98AB5139 Oracle Corporation
(VirtualBox archive signing key) <info at virtualbox.org>

Gogling this shows lot's of people having this same problem, but i cannot
seem to fidn a clear solution.

Can anyone enlighten me as to what the situation here is?