Generic pae error

Tony Pursell ajp at princeswalk.fsnet.co.uk
Wed Feb 16 17:16:30 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-02-16 at 12:28 +0000, Jorge Gusmao wrote:
> Could those character problems be related with the error message Im
> getting at boot?
>
> > Mod prob fatal, could not load /lib/modules/1.6.35-25-generic pae
> modules.dep: no such file or directory
>
> Thanks,
> Jorge

I get this as well. It does not seem to cause a problem.  The file it
refers to is on the system. I also sometimes get a message that
says /dev/null does not exist when it most certainly does!  Perhaps
these messages are coming when the boot sequence still only has the
initial ram disk (initrd), before root is mounted, and these files are
not in the initial ram disk.

Tony