Beagle stopped working after update

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 18:52:10 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-02-15 at 06:40 +0200, Ioannis Vranos wrote:

> According to my opinion, ==> which may be wrong <==, do not use anything
> that has to do with Mono, C#, or any other MS technology. They tend to
> be a mess.

I used to be of that opinion, until I ran OpenSim under Mono. The
resultant code runs faster than that of Java based OpenWonderland, both
are 3D environments server/client applications. I'll admit, I was much
chagrined to type "mono opensim.exe" and have it neatly start up the
server end. But, I imagine the developers had the most to do with
insuring it ran cleanly. All I can say is that under a very graphic
intensive 3D environment, with VoIP services, and everything else but
the kitchen sink tossed in, it really really worked without one hitch
under Mono.

Politics aside, it gets the job done without loading Windows to do it.
Poorly written C++ code will run poorly as well. Ric

Linux user# 44256