video conversion

Ioannis Vranos cppdeveloper at ontelecoms.gr
Mon Feb 14 17:11:07 UTC 2011

On Mon, 2011-02-14 at 08:26 +0000, Ali Hassan wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I need a tool to convert videos I download from youtube, like flv
> clips, to be playable on my mobile phone.
> My mobile is Samsung Player One. I have a very nice utility that does
> that in windows, But I am most of the time using Ubuntu 10.04.
> Please do not tell me "youtube-dl" it does not work.
> I have been searching the web for a month now,

I think you should look at Applications->Ubuntu Software Center, or if
you are an advanced user at Administration->Synaptic Package Manager, at
first.

In general, it is better to look there.

For example in Ubuntu 10.10, you may go to Applications->Ubuntu Software
Center, click on "Sound and Video" and then type transcoder on the right
to filter the results.

If you do not find any application you like, try typing encoder.

--
Ioannis Vranos

http://www.cpp-software.net