Disk partitions

Jorge Gusmao jorge.m.gusmao at gmail.com
Sun Feb 13 21:48:47 UTC 2011

Thanks for your help!
As you are being so kind I feel I can tell the all story.

I have an HP DV8 (windows 7 home) with the following disk configuration
(disks.png)
So I believe I cant simple shrink the C: OS because the maximum nÂș for
primary partitions are 4, is this right?

Question
Could I do the following: (using aesus in windows)
1 - Shrink C: OS
2 - format the unlocated space creating an extended partition
3 - Create a / partition (whitch kind?)
4 - Create a swap partition (whitch kind?)
5 - Create a /home partition (whitch kind?)

Last week I installed ubuntu 10.10 in work using wubi and I was very
surprised with the results. So surprised that I decided to make a real dual
boot.
So I burned a live CD and let it install itself (along windows XP). He
shrunk the windows partition and installed himself. Things ware looking
good.
On the first boot the grub showed and I chose ubuntu, everything went fine.
Restart.
On the next restart I chose windows and everything went fine. Restart.
On the thirth time i got this: no such disk grub rescue.
So I passed next few hours learning about supergrub disk and somehow I was
able to get back to windows (very relived because this was at work)
This appended two times.

Question:
Is this a result of letting Ubuntu manage the partition in witch he
installed it self?

What I nedd is a tutorial (for newbies) about how to partition my disk and
other to let me fix the grub.

I know...noob  windows user... but im willing to learn.
Thanks