Machine stuck at 1000 MHz

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 07:23:32 UTC 2011

On Fri, 2011-02-11 at 07:56 +0200, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> My own computer is getting stuck at 1000 MHz now:

<snippage>

> Note that the system is under very heavy load (both CPUs near 100% due
> to some heavy work that Digikam is doing in the background) yet the
> processes stay at 1000 MHz. I've looked for some CPU-throttling applet
> in KDE, but other than the Battery Applet which does not even mention
> CPU speed I can't find a thing. Note that this is a desktop system,
> not a laptop. Kubuntu 10.10, KDE 4.6.
>
> Thanks in advance for any ideas!

With KDE go into the KDE system settings app, click on / advanced /
power management and check the various settings in there. The
"performance" setting would be what you want, I think. Make sure it's
not trying to kill a CPU, or something related, in order to save power,
as if it were a laptop. Ric

Linux user# 44256