Latest Adobe Flash plugin just installed

Pastor JW pastor_jw at the-inner-circle.org
Fri Feb 11 02:32:29 UTC 2011

On Thursday, February 10, 2011 6:14:35 pm Ioannis Vranos wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-02-10 at 15:46 -0800, MR ZenWiz wrote:
> > On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 2:56 PM, MR ZenWiz <mrzenwiz at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Okay, now it's worse.
> >
> > I uninstalled the flashplugin-installer yesterday to see what would
> > happen.  At first, nothing did.  Today I get the Update Manager
> > looking to install some updates including the flashplugin-installer,
> > so I figure why not.
> >
> > Ouch.
> >
> > It works fine in Firefox, but in Chrome, I now have an image of the
> > one and only flash I played stamped on the screen where it first came
> > up.  It persists even between invocations of Chrome (close and
> > reopen), and it is ugly.
> >
> > It played fine, but this is really annoying - like an icon that won't
> > go away.  It doesn't interfere with anything, it just stains the
> > screen.
> >
> > Any suggestions?
>
> Try just to log out, and re-log in at first.

Did we ever find out exactly what hardware is playing up?  None of the thirty
machines I take care of have had any problem at all.  I sent a email around
today to suggest that each of them hold off on updating to the new Flash-plug-
in only to find out that everyone of them had already updated!  It really must
be different than nvidia as several of them have nvidia cards in their
machines.

--
73 de N7PSV aka Pastor JW <n><   PDGA# 35276
http://the-inner-circle.org  _Registered Kubuntu User: #27403