Latest Adobe Flash plugin just installed

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Fri Feb 11 01:39:01 UTC 2011

On 02/10/2011 03:46 PM, MR ZenWiz wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 2:56 PM, MR ZenWiz <mrzenwiz at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 6:42 AM, David Curtis <dave.c.curtis at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Partner repo?
>>>

>> $ grep -i partner /etc/apt/sources.list
>> ## 'partner' repository.
>> deb http://archive.canonical.com/ubuntu maverick partner
>> # deb-src http://archive.canonical.com/ubuntu maverick partner
>>
>> Seems like that should cover it, no?
>>

> Okay, now it's worse.
>
> I uninstalled the flashplugin-installer yesterday to see what would
> happen.  At first, nothing did.  Today I get the Update Manager
> looking to install some updates including the flashplugin-installer,
> so I figure why not.
>
> Ouch.
>
> It works fine in Firefox, but in Chrome, I now have an image of the
> one and only flash I played stamped on the screen where it first came
> up.  It persists even between invocations of Chrome (close and
> reopen), and it is ugly.
>
> It played fine, but this is really annoying - like an icon that won't
> go away.  It doesn't interfere with anything, it just stains the
> screen.
>
> Any suggestions?

Sure... provide details. For example:

What version of Ubuntu, what kernel, what architecture (I'll assume its
64bit as you are asking about flashplugin-installer vs
adobe-flashplugin), what desktop, what version of Chrome, or is it
Chromium?, what does about:plugins show (both in FF and Chrome), what does:
$ apt-cache policy flashplugin-installer
show?, what does:
$ locate libflashplayer.so
show?