Problem upgrading an offline computer

MR ZenWiz mrzenwiz at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 01:57:49 UTC 2011

On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 5:33 PM, Goh Lip <g.lip at gmx.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Feb 2011 09:13:46 +0800, Goh Lip <g.lip at gmx.com> wrote:
>
>> True, if you have internet connection on while upgrading. Me too.
>
> And, since you don't use ppa's, I'd inform you that the upgrade will
> automatically disable your ppa repositories too
> (again, provided you're connected). Hope you'll read the messages more
> carefully before remarking.

I went back and re-read the whole thread - you didn't say that before.
You specified that all external packages and ppas would have to be
manually removed/disabled.  I have not seen a need to remove external
packages and commented on your stated necessity of removing ppas.  I
thought you then agreed with that.

BTW, I always update while connected and avoid upgrades wherever
possible, so perhaps my concerns/issues just don't apply.