Calibre: Hpw to Add My Device?

Richard Atcheson ratcheson at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 00:28:07 UTC 2011

On Wednesday 09 February 2011 17:17:25 Amichai Rotman wrote:
> I am trying to use Calibre to transfer ebooks to my device - an Qisba ES600
> [1], but it says no device is connected...
>
> I connect ,y device via a USB cable to my Ubuntu Lucid box, then I get two
> Nautilus windows - one for the internal memory and one for the MicroSD
> card.

I made a quick check of the device plugins contained in Calibre and did not
see your device listed.

I suggest you look at the help page for Calibre, http://calibre-ebook.com/help
then go look at their help lists for your device.  There you will find info on
how to contact them for different plugins.

Your conversion problems may stem from the lack of the device plugin in
Calibre.

I use calibre to convert pdf to epub for my Nook all the time with few
problems.

Richad