Fixing a broken server update

Hal Burgiss hal at burgiss.net
Wed Feb 9 19:11:28 UTC 2011

On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 1:52 PM, Tapas Mishra <mightydreams at gmail.com> wrote:

> The instructions here are worth looking
> 2)
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/PackageManagerTroubleshootingProcedure

Thanks, I have good backups, that is not an issue, for me. Its a production
server right now so taking the time to re-install is not a good thing.

I followed the instructions above, but when I got to the autoclean stuff,
apt kicks in, finds a partially installed package (the one in question), and
we go back to square one, where it hangs indefinitely.

> In case you feel above does not help then you can post some thing
> similar to what I did here
> https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+question/144560/+login
> create a new thread
> people there helped me to their best but my luck was not with me.

I may try this one too. Thanks.

--
Hal