php files not opening in firefox

Paulo Sampaio paulo.vicente.neto at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 14:36:21 UTC 2011

Hi Ashim,

That is not the right way to open php scripts, you should navigate to them
using yout browser. If you simply double click the php file, firefox will
load something like:*

file:///var/www/myscript.php*

It won't work because php needs to be interpreted on demand. Apache, your
webserver runs this task diferently it invokes the php interpreter runs it
and the result is then presented to the browser. For that you to access,
thru your browser, something like

*http://localhost/myscript.php*

For debugging, try reading */var/log/apache2/error.log* or something like
that.

Vistually no computer system stops working without human intervention,
you've done something that changed the way it works, it would be helpful if
you share with us how everything was before and after the error started.

Atenciosamente,
__
*Paulo Sampaio*
*Desenvolvimento Web*