php files not opening in firefox

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 9 09:06:22 UTC 2011

On 9 February 2011 08:43, Ashim Kapoor <ashimkapoor at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 2:07 PM, Colin Law <clanlaw at googlemail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On 9 February 2011 08:23, Ashim Kapoor <ashimkapoor at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Please don't top post, it makes it difficult to follow the thread.
>> Insert your reply at the appropriate point(s) in the previous message.
>>  Thanks
>>
>> > I want to run it in ff
>>
>> In that case you need a web server of some sort running (unless there
>> is an addon to FF to do that, I am not aware of such an addon).
>> Perhaps you had a webserver and it is not running any more.
>>
>   Well I was running apache webserver. I am not an expert on apache , do i
> need to restart it ?  How do i do this ?

It should start automatically.  I suppose you will have to start
looking in the logs to find out why it is not.  It is also possible
that it is running but your php files are not in the www folder
(wherever you have configured apache to look).  Are the php files in
the same place as they have always been?  Otherwise I would start by
looking the the Ubuntu log file viewer and the apache log.

Colin