Autorun is VERY bad

Paul Madarasz paul.madarasz at gmail.com
Tue Feb 8 03:51:16 UTC 2011

On Mon, 07 Feb 2011 23:38:47 +0000, devicerandom
<devicerandom at gmail.com> wrote, perhaps among other things:

>RTFM is not punitive: it is *help*. Tough help, but help. We're saying
>the newbie: "This is what you should do, and we really mean you should
>do that, and acquire a thick skin".

"Acquire a thick skin" seems to be a euphemism for "Don't expect much
civility or maturity around here". Not always, but often enough to
make me uncomfortable.  (Yes, I have a thick skin, having been on
USENET for almost 20 years).  That said, doing your homework (even to
the small extent of googling on the problem) is greatly appreciated,
and will lead to a much quicker solution to any problem one may have.