Choosing a new printer/all-in-one

J dreadpiratejeff at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 18:52:45 UTC 2011

On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 12:15, Fred A. Miller <fmiller at lightlink.com> wrote:
> For proper Linux support, you should stay with Epson or HP. The ONLY 3rd
> party ink maker is www.inksupply.com...the ONLY
> maker in the US. I have a professional photo printer, so the inks MUST be
> VERY accurate and they are the only ones who do that, save me a bundle of
> money and the inks don't harm the print heads. As to what model to
> get.....sorry....can't help as that's not the type of printers I use.

FWIW, outside of photo printing, Brother printers have also had good
Linux support traditionally.

As an aside, I didn't realise there were professional inkjets.  I'd
always thought professional quality photo printing was done either
with a full development machine, or in smaller environments using
dye-sublimation or something other than ink-jet technology.

Just curious about that.

Cheers
Jeff