Become a Linux Guru

Cybe R. Wizard cyber_wizard at mindspring.com
Thu Feb 3 07:48:24 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2 Feb 2011 23:01:47 +0000
Liam Proven <lproven at gmail.com> wrote:

> Although it's a bit cutting, actually, that is good advice. One good
> way to learn a platform is to support it, and one way to do that is to
> hang around Linux forums and try to answer people's questions.

I did just and only that and next thing I knew I was  maintainer of a
Debian package (icewmcontrolpanel)!  I never did any maintaining of the
thing, merely suggested to the author that he might find more users by
packaging for Debian and Libranet Linux which was already using his
program.  OK, it was long ago, Libranet is /old/!

Cybe R. Wizard
--
On an infinite timeline all bandwidth is unlimited.
       Steve Lamb