Keeping focused to the same window no matter what happens [Solved]

Johnny Rosenberg gurus.knugum at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 17:49:46 UTC 2011

2011/12/28 PM <worldwithoutfences at gmail.com>:
> On Wed, Dec 28, 2011 at 10:25 PM, DEF <shaker.doc at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>> Based on my opinion on using several operating system, I would suggest
>>> you sticking with Ubuntu, such an easiness is no where, however, you
>>> have to do all the things and its your choice.
>
>> Thanks. And based on my experience too with switching those DEs, most of
>> those people complaining about unity Will _eventually_ come back to *it*.
>> ONLY, by then they Will not post messages here to tell us.
>
> And not only this, but I have seen people crying for Unity even when
> they have not used! It was much criticized rather than being used, And
> I wonder that it was not really bad as vociferous fellows called it.

I have Unity on one box, I think I mentioned it, and I don't think
it's too bad, but there are a few things that annoys me. Most of them
are at a detail level, but they still annoy me, like the upper panel
with no auto-hide (and it seems like it will never happen), I can no
longer put drawers in the upper panel (something that I use very much
in Ubuntu 10.10), and I always need a few extra clicks to reach my
files with Unity than with my current Gnome 2 setup. I am sure I would
prefer Unity on a touch-pad (or whatever they are called in English),
but I don't have one at the moment. I haven't tested KDE 4.7 yet, not
much anyway, but it feels like KDE is a little bit ahead of Unity at
the moment. I tried an early KDE 4 version, the one that came with
OpenSUSE 11.2 I think, but it crashed all the time, but hopefully they
ironed out the worst bugs now.
I am still a Gnome person though, and I think KDE is too much like
Windows for my taste. And to be honest, whatever we think about it,
it's only a matter of taste and nothing more.

Anyway, I am fully satisfied with this thread now, so I think it's
time to close it. Thanks everyone, for all your ideas and views!