Installing a newer package than listed in Synaptics?

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Sun Dec 25 19:49:07 UTC 2011

On 12/25/2011 02:30 PM, Frederick N. Brier wrote:
> I was installing the latest dovecot (v.2.0.13) as an IMAP server and ran
> into a bug (#873390)
> <https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/dovecot/+bug/873390> that was
> fixed in release (1:2.0.15-1ubuntu2) and v2.1. Synaptics is not showing
> that version. I tried showing the pre-release packages, but it still did
> not show up. Is there a trick to show new packages?

Do a google search for a ppa that the dovecot team would host and you
can get the latest version, which is not quite ready for general release
usually. If it breaks you get to keep both pieces. Like me, as a Fedora
refugee, you're used to this.

https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/dovecot

I don't see a PPA to subscribe to, but I do see the package you seek.
Unforch it's for "The Precise Penguin". Maybe someone more versed in
this could give you a hand. Or, email the devel team listed there. Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html