Open JDK 7 doesn't have 64 bit package or a mozilla plugin?

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Sun Dec 25 00:39:33 UTC 2011

On 12/24/2011 03:13 PM, Craig White wrote:
> On Sat, 2011-12-24 at 14:20 -0500, Ric Moore wrote:

>> I did get Open Wonderland to compile and run the server, though. I was
>> pleasantly surprised at that. But, when I try running the java client in
>> Firefox, it starts opening a bunch of tabs, like a drunken sailor. The
>> OpenJDK mozilla plugin links to OpenJDK 6, which also is installed,
>> which seems like a waste just to get a mozilla plugin.
> ----
> apt-cache search icedtea

OK. Did that. I have the iced tea plugin installed. No matter, when I
click on the script button that launches the java client from Firefox,
it starts opening new tabs like it's on crack. Strange. Plus, everything
I've installed is 32bit. With 6 cores and 16 gigs of ram, it's kinda
crazy to be running 32bit java on what is supposed to be a server. Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html