Newbie query: Ubuntu vs openSUSE

Kevin Stabilo kevinstabilo at gmail.com
Sat Dec 24 14:06:10 UTC 2011

On 12/24/2011 03:58 AM, Rameshwar Kr. Sharma wrote:
> Correct, I did ask in the Fedora lists too, but please: for a while
> think of the time when you too were an absolute beginner and finding
> your way typical of chosing the correct distribution and then start
> working for it! Its typical for a newbie to decide for the correct
> distribution, so that matters a lot and it seems as if someone is a
> troll, but this is not the case Craig. I hope you would see from my
> (newbie) perspective too.

I can think back....and man I tell you I picked my Linux distro like I
picked my ice cream.  I tasted them.

It makes no common sense to go to Baskin Robbins and ask the people in
the line if Baskin Robbins is better than Cold Stone Creamery.  Same the
other way.  They are in line at Baskin Robbins cause they like Baksin
Robins.  At the end of the day all you got are a bunch of biased answers
and the only thing that matters is what your tongue tells you.  You got
ice cream in Bangalore, don't you?

Ya did tell ric that youve settled on Ubuntu.  Maybe you'll like the taste.