Ubuntu on pendrive

Avi Greenbury lists at avi.co
Thu Dec 22 18:02:00 UTC 2011

Richard Owlett wrote:
> I don't know about OP, BUT I'd definitely like a pointer to
>                      _CLEAR *AND* CORRECT_
> instructions for a modified option 2 -- pendrive must be
> bootable when BIOS selects as boot device. My goal is having
> identical environment whether using my laptop or desktop
> machine.

I've not got the bits to hand to try this and write in more detail,
but choosing the USB drive as the installation target for Ubuntu, and
then again as the installation target for Grub (as opposed to the
standard of the primary HDD) should do that for you. Assuming you've
tried that, what didn't work?

--
Avi