[Lubuntu] How much disk space does Lubuntu install need.

Rigved Rakshit r.phate at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 11:45:29 UTC 2011

> > The other option is to use UNetbootin to install it to the hard-drive as
> a live CD with persistent storage.  The easiest way to do this is stick the
> 2GB drive in another machine and run UNetbootin.  Change Type from USB
> Drive to Hard Disk and select the drive from the next box.  You may have to
> format the 2GB drive to FAT before you start, I can't remember.  It may be
> best to ignore my instructions, it is reasonably obvious once UNetbootin is
> running.
>
> I have just tried to install from the live CD and it says I need 4.1GB
> and won't allow me to carry on.

The suggested method was to install using a method know as LiveUSB:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LiveUsbPendrivePersistent. Unetbootin is available
in Ubuntu, so the Windows method mentioned on the page will work as well.

You have made the mistake of installing using the normal method of
installing on a Hard disk. This will not work as it does require at least 4
GB to give you a working install that can be easily updated at a later time.

Best Regards,
Rigved Rakshit