Using 'update-alternatives' for java

Jamie Paul Griffin jamie at kontrol.kode5.net
Tue Dec 20 10:11:21 UTC 2011

I have followed a link from the Ubuntu support pages that describes using update-alternatives to select which java distribution I want to use. For me, this is Oracle JDK 1.7.

Anyway, I did that and the java command is there; java -version prints out the right information. Having said that, the man pages have not been set up and nor has the javac compiler or any of the other commands in the JDK.

Do I have to use the same update-alternatives process for each of the commands in the JDK and the man pages? Surely there is a method for updating it all at once? Does anyone know?
--
Jamie Paul Griffin	jamie at kode5.net.