Ethernet Driver for broadcom bcm5754

Tapas Mishra mightydreams at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 04:51:12 UTC 2011

On 12/17/11, Sushil Mantri <sushilmantri at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Tapas for your reply.
>
> Ubuntu repo has packages for the ones you mentioned, but bcm5754 is
> *not* a wireless card. Its an ethernet controller. I could find source
> package here http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/bcm5700-source.
I found it in multiverse repository
http://packages.ubuntu.com/natty/bcm5700-source

see if in your /etc/apt/sources.list following line (multiverse at the
end) exist

deb http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ oneiric multiverse
deb-src http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ oneiric multiverse

if they exist then you should not need to build from here and there.
You can get apt-get install
as far as kernel is concerned linux-headers is what you might need.

But as