Ethernet Driver for broadcom bcm5754

Tapas Mishra mightydreams at gmail.com
Sat Dec 17 06:46:31 UTC 2011

You should try installing the driver from repos.I too have a broadcom
wifi chipset and it is working.Check this pci id of your wireless card
by lspci -vnn
and see if the vendor id : device id combination is mentioned in this list
http://linuxwireless.org/en/users/Drivers/b43#supported
if the combination is not mentioned then only you are in trouble,
keep your laptop connected with a lan wire and issue following commands

sudo apt-get install firmware-b43-installer
sudo apt-get install b43-fwcutter

after this reboot and it should work

On 12/17/11, Sushil Mantri <sushilmantri at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need the driver for broadcom bcm5754. Unfortunately ubuntu 11.04
> doesn't seem to have it in its installer. I found the source in ubuntu
> repository, but compiling it has been painful. Can i get a debian
> package for the driver?

Can you give a link to which driver is that you feel will work for your device?