Seamonkey 2.03 to 2.5 lost plugins

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Thu Dec 15 20:29:18 UTC 2011

On 12/15/2011 09:11 AM, Jim Byrnes wrote:
> On 12/14/2011 08:06 PM, NoOp wrote:
>>> For some reason that did not work.  The pluginreg.dat it generated looks
>>> strange and is exactly the same as the origianl.  Its not long so I
>>> copied it here.
>>
>> That's bizare. Can you try with a different/new profile to see if it is
>> profile related?
>>

> Sure.  I had a test profile created awhile ago with 2.03 that I made no
> changes to and it acted exactly the same way and profile.dat was
> identical.  I then created a brand new profile and profile.dat was again
> the same.
>
> Regards,  Jim

Jim how/where did you 'install' SeaMonkey? I extract to a home folder
and simply run from there:
/home/<user>/seamonkey/seamonkey
actually my command in the menu is:
/home/gg/Seamonkey2.6/seamonkey/seamonkey -mail -browser

If you still have problems, can you please install Joe Lesko's ppa
version? Note: I have been testing all of the versions as Joe builds
them & can pretty well guarantee that his 2.5 will install & work on
your system:

<https://launchpad.net/~joe-nationnet/+archive/seamonkey-dev>

$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:joe-nationnet/seamonkey-dev
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install seamonkey