Bizarre terminal behavior

Patton Echols p.echols at comcast.net
Sat Dec 10 19:40:15 UTC 2011

On 12/08/2011 08:02 AM, Marius Gedminas wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 08, 2011 at 08:59:51AM -0700, compdoc wrote:
>>> Hmmm, It turns out that my .bash_history is filled with the garbage characters
>> That’s doesn’t sound good - or normal. You have a bad drive?
> I believe an unclean shutdown was mentioned upthread?
>
> Unclean shutdowns aren't good for your filesystem health.
>
> Marius Gedminas

Yes, there was an unclean shutdown. This netbook has been having
problems waking up from suspend after closing the lid. I have had
trouble diagnosing the problem. I had been just tolerating it and trying
to figure out when it was a problem and when not. But your comment makes
me think I need to dig into it again with a little more urgency.