Natty will not boot

Marius Gedminas marius at pov.lt
Fri Dec 9 12:09:09 UTC 2011

On Fri, Dec 09, 2011 at 04:51:43AM -0600, Curt Tresenriter wrote:
> I just rebooted my Natty install and have it set to log me in w/o a
> password but am presented with the chooser screen. I am the only
> user and there is just one user account. Clicking on the acct. name
> looks like it will give me the password field but it just loops back
> to the login screen.
>
> What may have happened?

Your login session seems to be crashing.

Can you switch to a text console (Ctrl+Alt+F1), log in, and look at the
.xsession-errors file for clues (less .xsession-errors)?

Alternatively, try choosing a different session type in the login
screen.

Marius Gedminas
--
The IQ of the group is the lowest IQ of a member of
the group divided by the number of people in the group.