How do i scroll in bash using keyboard?

Sushil Mantri sushilmantri at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 06:53:05 UTC 2011

Thanks a lot Karl for replying but maybe i did not bring my problem clearly.

I use a gui terminal, and i want to scroll through the scroll back buffer
using keyboard only. <shift> + pgup is painful as i dont use PgUp much.
Also it scrolls the whole page, i want to scroll more like the mouse does,
1 line at a time. Also piping it to other files is not what i am looking
for.

Any ideas?