Xournal: how to use for an existing pdf?

LinuxIsOne reallife at hmamail.com
Tue Dec 6 14:32:46 UTC 2011

On Tue, Dec 6, 2011 at 9:23 AM, Amedee Van Gasse
<amedee-ubuntu at amedee.be> wrote:

>> I have just installed Xournal, but how can I edit the pdf when I open
>> it from Xournal, the eraser etc.. functions are how to be used for
>> editing the existing pdf file?

> Short answer: You cannot edit a pdf file. You can only make annotations.

> PS: before all the hordes rush in: You cannot edit a pdf file with Xournal
> if it is your intention to change text and stuff. You can't do that at all
> with a pdf file, it is not meant for editing. Well, actually you can, but
> it is rather complex and limited. Trust me, I know. I have the iText book
> on my bookshelf.

Oh I see. But I just downloaded one more application
'1.0.4-LinuxIntel' (second option) from here:-

http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/project/pdfimport (Opens
after 2-3 times reloading the page)

However, I have downloaded but I don't know how to use it.

Okay, I am agree with you that it is not possible, but with the link
above, how should I use this...? If also not, its okay.