”Package dependencies can not be solved”

Johnny Rosenberg gurus.knugum at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 16:47:14 UTC 2011

”This error could be caused by required additional software packages
which are missing or not installable. Furthermore there could be a
conflict between software packages which are not allowed to be
installed at the same time.”

Details:
”The following packages have unmet dependencies:
language-pack-gnome-sv; language-pack-sv;”

First time I got this was when doing one of those updates using the
update manager. I thought that maybe some of the stuff I installed
myself could be the reason, so I installed Ubuntu 11.10 again, but
from scratch this time (except that I kept my old /home partition).
When starting up I was informed that the Swedish language support was
not complete and I was asked to fix it. I said yes and after a while
this error message popped up again.

Is this fixable or should I just wait for the next update and hope
they fixed it…?

Kind regards

Johnny Rosenberg
ジョニー・ローゼンバーグ