Gnome 3

Jeffrey Gray chevy4x4burb at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 14:17:54 UTC 2011

I will say that I held on for dear life to Gnome 2.  I updated my
netbook to Ubuntu 11.10 at which point I found the classic gnome to be
of no more.  Gnome 3 chocked it.  1.6ghz atom with 2GB of DDR3 were no
match for it.  Anyway, I replaced my wifes windows with Ubuntu 11.10
and started playing with the Gnome.  Then my work laptop updated
pachages and hosed so I had to let it upgrade to 11.10 and am using
Gnome 3.  I HATE that damn bar in Unity.

I am looking at the new netbooks coming out with "Duo" CPUs from
Intel.  I have not read on them but assume that they are probably like
a dual core atom.  Anyone have any experience with running Gnome 3 on
one of these animals?