Ubuntu loosing its popularity

sdavmor sdavmor at systemstheory.net
Thu Dec 1 06:41:02 UTC 2011

On 11/30/2011 06:45 PM, Liam Proven wrote:
[snip]

>> I know that I'm not looking back, unless the MATE fork becomes
>> stable, and I find that I'm unhappy with Xfce, an unlikely
>> situation.
>
> Seems fair enough. Classic Ubuntu is dead. Long live Xubuntu!

At the end of the day, though I hate to say it (being quite happy with
Gnome2), you are right. We must find a way forward that isn't in the
shadow of the MS boys from spitefulmaliciousvindicativetoadland, and
Xubuntu offers almost everything that will make Gnome2 lovers happy.
So if you don't care for Unity or Gnome3 (and I can't say with a
straight face that I'm particularly enamored of either of them) a
rapidly maturing robust Xfce desktop is a very good way to go. So +1
here on "long live Xubuntu!"
http://mikedickson.org.uk