<OT> ubuntu bad press

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Tue Aug 30 08:54:17 UTC 2011

On 30/08/11 08:44, Cybe R. Wizard wrote:
> On Mon, 29 Aug 2011 16:39:44 -0500
> Jordon Bedwell<jordon at envygeeks.com>  didst polemicize thusly:

>>> It MUST be a marketing ploy. Tell someone NOT to do something and
>>> they will do it. That, or there is some double-naught spy
>>> encryption involved that the Israeli government doesn't want it's
>>> citizens to have? Ric
>> Nah, it was a misinterpreted statement.  Sometimes like what happens
>> to me, he said this when he meant that.  In short what he really
>> meant is if you're a terrorist or you support terrorism, or you
>> terrorise people (not like we do, where we troll them,) he doesn't
>> want you around his OS at all.  There is a blog post where he
>> clarifies it to somebody who emailed him about it.
>>
> Absolutely incorrect.  See:
> http://abriefhistory.org/?p=774

Interesting...I cannot find who actually runs or owns Brief History.org.
The only piece of information I did find, in my limited search, is that
it is a bit of software but no mention as to who created it. The CIA?
Mossad? KGB? Dunno....

> He is just and only a bigot caught at his bigotry and trying
> desperately to distance himself from it.

He is no bigger bigot than those who start moaning and groaning and
complaining and denigrating people who happen to say something against
the Jews or point out that the Holocaust may be fiction.

You have looked up the meaning of "bigot" in the Oxford Dictionary, yes?
:-)

Or even looked up what wikipedia states about it:

A *bigot* is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her
own opinions and prejudices, especially one exhibiting intolerance, and
animosity <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animosity> toward those of
differing beliefs.

But then when one mentions that one does not accept that the holocaust,
as forced onto to you to believe as fact, the people who wail and moan
and accuse and call you of being  "a bigot"....are what exactly?

OH no, they are not bigots, but "tolerant" people who do not have to
defend their stance simply because the facts are indisputable to support
what they claim.

Or is it simply that they moan and cry and beat their chests and shout,
"FOUL! you anti-semetic arsehole, you!" because they are trying to cover
up something which is not true?

Just like the Church who barbecued people at the stakes because they
publicly stated that what the Church was preaching and proclaiming as
the absolute truth was pure bullshit?

 From where I sit, I cannot tell the difference.

It's all to do with making money and making brainless people believe
that snake-oil will cure their piles and hernias - as well as turn
falsehood into truth.

But then, I am more than disappointed in the Wikipedia which has now
been sanitised to completely remove any traces of the truth of what
happened to the Palestinians. If one only had the foresight at the time
then one would have saved a copy of what was posted at the time.

What was posted there some years ago was that David Ben-Gurion, the
first prime minister of Israel, was a leader of a *terrorist* *group*
(the Zionists) who conducted their terrorist activities against the
British armed forces in that region. No "ifs" or "buts" - but a specific
statement that the Zionists were *terrorists* (and so was Golda Meir).

All refrences to the Zionists being a terrorist organisation has now
been edited out.

BC

--
"Facts are stupid things."