<OT> ubuntu bad press

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Tue Aug 30 06:00:31 UTC 2011

On 30/08/11 13:51, Jared Norris wrote:
> I hate to be the one to point out the obvious but hasn't this
> conversation gone far enough past the "ubuntu-users -- Ubuntu user
> technical support, not for general discussions", noting the not for
> general discussion part.
>
> As previously mentioned on this mailing list there is a replacement
> for the Ubuntu Sounder mailing list [0] and even a whole IRC Channel
> (#ubuntu-offtopic) [1] in which you might find a better audience for
> this type of conversation.
>
> It's difficult to sort through the real requests for assistance from
> the random chatter and could even be putting off some people from
> using the mailing list for it's designed purpose.
>
> [0] http://groups.google.com/group/bikeshed
> [1] https://help.ubuntu.com/community/InternetRelayChat

I made a similar comment as a PS to one of my earlier responses.

Indeed, I think that the time has come to *close* *down* Ubuntu-Users
and open-up a new list on googly-dookly called *The* *Chook* *Shed*.

That is my $AU2 cents worth (which is saying something as the $US1 is
less valuable than the $AU1 - meaning that I am now out-of-pocket big
tiime :-( ).

BC

--
"Facts are stupid things."