<OT> ubuntu bad press

Cybe R. Wizard cybe_r_wizard at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 30 00:36:12 UTC 2011

On Mon, 29 Aug 2011 17:55:18 -0500
Jordon Bedwell <jordon at envygeeks.com> didst polemicize thusly:

> On 08/29/2011 05:44 PM, Cybe R. Wizard wrote:
> > On Mon, 29 Aug 2011 16:39:44 -0500
> > Jordon Bedwell <jordon at envygeeks.com> didst polemicize thusly:
> >> Nah, it was a misinterpreted statement.  Sometimes like what
> >> happens to me, he said this when he meant that.  In short what he
> >> really meant is if you're a terrorist or you support terrorism, or
> >> you terrorise people (not like we do, where we troll them,) he
> >> doesn't want you around his OS at all.  There is a blog post where
> >> he clarifies it to somebody who emailed him about it.
> >>
> > Absolutely incorrect.  See:
> > http://abriefhistory.org/?p=774
> > He is just and only a bigot caught at his bigotry and trying
> > desperately to distance himself from it.
>
> Incorrect or are you being subjective and purposely contexting things
> in a way to make him look bad? You might have missed the link to the
> right (on the same site, on the same page you read):
>
> "Bradley: Yes. I know this was confusing because of the wording I used
> in my initial post and that was a mistake. I have no issue with people
> disagreeing with me. My real aversion is to see horrible things
> happening and to think that I can be working in harmony or doing
> business with people directly involved in them. If you disagree with
> me that’s fair enough, everybody have their own opinions. Now of
> course if you’re directly involved in cruel actions and terrorism
> (either on one side or another), you do what you want but I’m not
> sure I want to receive your money, your help or anything of the sort.
> That’s only fair and the difference here is that I don’t only see
> terrorism on the Palestinian side, I see it used by the Israeli army
> as well."
>
> http://abriefhistory.org/?p=776

Saw it, read it.  It seems like a regular case of backfilling and
covering his mistake, just as my cat does each day. The original
statement :

“I don’t want any money or help coming from people who support the
actions of the Israeli government,”

could have easily been, "I don't want any money or help coming
from /anyone/ who supports of condones terrorism, no matter who it is
used against or who is doing it."

Had it been so, I would have been 100% in support of it.  As it was, it
was a bigoted and telling remark.  The brush has already done it's
painting and the paint was anti-Israel, not anti-terrorist.

What one says pretty much is what one believes, in my experience.

> I mean yeah I could be reading into it wrong, but from what I gathered
> of my own interpretation is that he just doesn't want terrorists
> helping with or using Linux mint, his original wording was just
> rather harsh and called directly to because it happened to be in the
> moment sort of thing.

Possibly I pointed to the wrong bit.  It seems that, instead of your
finding what he had originally said, you found the back-pedalling and
side-stepping which came later when he had realized his damaging error.
It never helps haters to show their true face.

Anyway, use it or don't at your own choice.  My choice has been made.

Cybe R. Wizard -And have fun doing whatever it is you decide to do.
		That's what its all about.
--
Nice computers don't go down.
	Larry Niven, Steven Barnes