apt-get: fix deps after a dist-upgrade with ppa:gnome3-team/gnome3

Jordon Bedwell jordon at envygeeks.com
Tue Aug 30 00:28:31 UTC 2011

On 08/29/2011 06:36 PM, NoOp wrote:
>>> As I mentioned "Sorry, I was testing Oneiric at the time I responded".
>>> So I mistakenly stated that gnome-panel was not installed by default in
>>> Natty. It is not installed by default in Oneiric.
>>
>> "how is it possible that gnome-panel isn't installed? when i installed
>> natty gnome-panel was installed." -- The OP
>>
>> Your oops stupid moment does not solve his problem, and repeating your
>> statement does nothing more then try to take the mick of me... that
>> statement drew off yours onto his problem. I could care less if you
>> can't figure out what version of Ubuntu you are on... so you can stand
>> there upset thinking I was taking mick (when I wasn't at all) or you can
>> realise that I was attempting to help him figure out why gnome-panel was
>> not installed for him automatically because that is a problem that I am
>> interested in, I would like to know if it was a fluke, a problem with
>> ppa-purge or if there really is a dependency problem that needs to be
>> addressed.
>>

> Having a bad comprehension day are you? I reckon you might want to
> re-read all of the above. Then take a walk and clear your muddled head.

There is no comprehension issue on my end, if his email went to spam,
and it was not there, as I did not see it in my spam folder upon a
subject search, then there is a issue yes, but not a comprehension
issue.  If you were quoting one of his replies on his behalf without an
attribution that is a comprehension issue created by your lack of proper
attributing so one would automatically assume you were quoting yourself,
but that can't be the case because reading over gname shows that I
properly comprehended and replied to everything just skipping a direct
reply to him and flowing off you onto him.  Ignoring context somewhat
yes, but so be it since I was trying to help with his issue, it was lazy
helping, but hopefully he will reply to it with what I want to know.

I think you might want to read my reply again?  As the last email I see
from him on this subject (with broken quoting mind you) says: "how is it
possible that gnome-panel isn't installed? when i installed natty
gnome-panel was installed."  As shown here:
http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.linux.ubuntu.user/247840

While my reply was harsh yes, it was not improper either, as I still do
not care if you had any issue understanding what version of Ubuntu you
are/where or are going to be on when you reply and make replies to a
subject, and I do and will not care if you had an oops stupid moment
because that is your problem. I only care that gnome-panel was NOT
properly installed for him, and I would like to know more about it so
that I can help with HIS issue.