Trying to Load Ubuntu 11.04 onto HP Laptop. Failed at reboot

Jordon Bedwell jordon at envygeeks.com
Mon Aug 29 13:31:31 UTC 2011

On 08/29/2011 08:20 AM, compdoc wrote:
> If you have the option, set the bios to use AHCI. Second best choice would
> be Native Sata, as I think you mentioned in another post. But also try the
> other options if those don't work -just don't use the RAID option.

Uhm, AHCI is native SATA...  And there is nothing wrong with the RAID
mode at all, ever, under no circumstance is there anything wrong with
RAID mode.  Actually, truthfully, technically, honestly and legitimately
*YOU SHOULD ENABLE RAID MODE BEFORE AHCI.*  Raid mode invokes not only
your raid controllers if you use them, but it also adds your AHCI at the
same time, it's the most flexible.