Ubuntu with LVM on top of LUKS.

yudi v yudi.tux at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 13:12:44 UTC 2011

Currently I am testing Debian squeeze with LVM on top of LUKS on my laptop.

I had vanilla install of 10.04 on the same laptop. Put in a new hard drive
and decided to try LUKS. Debian setup works fine but the amount of time it
takes to get things working, which work out of the box with 10.4, is just
not a good option for a laptop.

I am planning on installing Ubuntu again with LUKS+LVM. From what  I
understand it's pretty much same install process as Debian, right?

Would like to hear from someone using this setup.

Any hidden catches to be aware of before installing Ubuntu 10.04?

Yudi

--
Kind regards,
Yudi