Grub question - was Re: Ubuntu users mailing list should become moderated

Billie Walsh bilwalsh at swbell.net
Mon Aug 29 05:31:31 UTC 2011

On 08/28/2011 10:22 PM, Goh Lip wrote:
> On 29/08/11 11:06, Goh Lip wrote:
>> You should grub-install. :)
>> grub-install --boot-directory=/mnt/boot /dev/sda
> Then update-grub (not from livecd, but you can chroot to do it)
>
> See, mornings are not my best times. :)
> Regards - Goh Lip

Figured out the problem. Had a brain fart of my own. Darndest thing.
Sixty-four bit OS will not run on a thirty-two bit machine. The machine
I had switched to wasn't what I thought it was, although in some ways it
was a better one. Anyway it all works now that it's back in a sixty-four
bit machine.

--

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner.
Liberty is a well-armed lamb."     - Benjamin Franklin -