Grub question - was Re: Ubuntu users mailing list should become moderated

Goh Lip g.lip at gmx.com
Mon Aug 29 02:57:10 UTC 2011

On 29/08/11 07:28, Billie Walsh wrote:
> On 08/28/2011 06:05 PM, Ric Moore wrote:
>> Somebody ask Goh a really good grub question,
>> quick! : ) Ric
>
> Had to move my secondary computers hard drive to a new box. Now Grub
> doesn't work. Grub will start normally but nothing will boot from it.
>
> Any ideas?

Heh heh heh, normally I don't answer emails (or talk much) in the
mornings - grouchy ole man mood - but it's too fun to resist. I'll bite.

grub rescue> sudo mount /harddrive /newbox
grub rescue> search --hammer /toolbox
grub rescue> sudo whack --force --hard --curse f*sck
reboot

Regards - Goh Lip
--
True words are not beautiful