Trying to Load Ubuntu 11.04 onto HP Laptop. Failed at reboot

Peter Fitzpatrick Peter at fitzpatrick.net.au
Sun Aug 28 03:31:25 UTC 2011

Hi. Unfortunately I have no better news to report.

Have tried the suggestions from Goh Lip with the same response for each try
with the exception of the following after deleting partitions and manually
setting I had Primary partition 1 as an ext4 disk with 300GB (sda1) and
primary partition 2 as the Swap with 5GB (sda2).
Reinstalling and rebooting gave:

Error: out of disk
Grub rescue> ls
(hd0) (hd0,msdos2) (hd0,msdos1)
Grub rescue> set
Prefix=(hd0,msdos1)/boot/grub
Root=hd0,msdos1
Grub rescue>

I also tried to run the boot info script but ran into troubles. See other
response to Tom H.