OT Re: Question about updates

Goh Lip g.lip at gmx.com
Sun Aug 28 01:52:41 UTC 2011

On 28/08/11 04:56, AV3 wrote:
> I was thinking of Chinese noun classifiers,

Trying to "go inside your mind", I guess you mean something like this...

The word "你" meaning "you" has a "classifier" on the left includes
character "人" meaning "people" so the character  你 refers to "people".

And in the past, "classifier" 女 (meaning female) was used (even then,
rarely) rather than 人 to denote a female rather than just 'people'.
[Note: cannot find or type in this (female you) word now because it's no
longer there!]

And the word 您 includes another classifier 心 "heart/corazon" to denote
affection or love to that person so it's used to emphasize the affection
to that person.

Okay then.
Cheers - Goh Lip

--