Question about updates

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Sat Aug 27 15:08:44 UTC 2011

On 28/08/11 00:47, Goh Lip wrote:
> On 27/08/11 22:36, Basil Chupin wrote:
>> Person #1: "Ah. Is that why most Australian men wear thongs?"
>
> Yes, remembered going to the seaside (in Aust) and one of the gals
> mentioned she forgot her thongs. Got my heart racing for a while.

Once again, how many decades ago did this happen - 30, 40, 50.....? :-D
. Now-a-days this simply be a "ho-hum, b-o-r-i-n-g" type of reaction :-D .

> For most of the world, thongs are those skimpy beachwear that girls
> wear, not 'slippers' or 'sandals'.

They are better known as "flip-flops" elsewhere or as "Japanese Riding
Boots" here in OZ, but 'thongs' is the preferred term here in OZ :-) .

BC

--
"Facts are stupid things."
     Ronald Reagan