Network manager broken after latest upgrade for Oneiric

Avi Greenbury lists at avi.co
Fri Aug 26 23:10:46 UTC 2011

Larry wrote:

> *Why not just install WICD, and be done with Network manager...I have
> allways had a problem with it..

Because it's kinda nice to file bugs against breakage in the alpha.
Seems little point running an alpha and silently circumventing all the
bugs...

In any case, much as network mangler's famous for, well, mangling
network settings, my brief excursions into Wicd were far more
frustrating. I'm sure I was doing something wrong, but there's little
excuse for a thingy to use to connect to WiFi networks to be built in
such a way as to let you get it wrong.

--
Avi