Question about updates

Harry Strongburg harry.ubuntu at harry.lu
Fri Aug 26 21:00:26 UTC 2011

On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 03:05:31PM -0500, Daniel Patrick Sullivan wrote:
> Basically I have a Ubunutu 10.04 LTS server that I *only* want to
> apply security updates to.  Is this a generally "accepted" method to
> apply *only* security updates?

Is there any reasoning for you attempting this? Most updates pushed are
tested and shouldn't break anything major. Most updates contain
security-related things, even if not marked as such. However, if you
insist on just 'major security updates', I may suggest subscribing to
fulldisclosure and bugtrac mailinglists. Generally, it's just easier to
install all new updates unless your setup is very complex.