Problem reinstalling Firefox.

Dejan Ribič dejan.ribic at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 18:03:24 UTC 2011

Hi,

   I've used to have GNU IceCat installed ( removed FF completely )
today I decided to reinstall Firefox: but I get the next errors:

Setting up firefox (6.0+build1+nobinonly-0ubuntu0.11.04.1) ...
update-alternatives: error: readlink(/etc/alternatives/x-www-browser)
failed: Invalid argument
dpkg: error processing firefox (--configure):
  subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 2
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of firefox-globalmenu:
  firefox-globalmenu depends on firefox (=
6.0+build1+nobinonly-0ubuntu0.11.04.1); however:
   Package firefox is not configured yet.

I already tried the usual *sudo apt-get install -f* and *sudo dpkg
--configure -a* , but I get the same output as above.
Can somebody please help me?

Cheers,

Dejan