<OT> ubuntu bad press

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 05:29:10 UTC 2011

On Thu, 2011-08-25 at 23:12 -0400, Rashkae wrote:
> On 08/25/2011 11:00 PM, Ric Moore wrote:
> >
> >> However, nothing says we can't have our cake and eat it too.  Perhaps
> >> what you should be asking for, and expecting to get, is a backports repo
> >> for LTS that keeps popular applications up to date.  That, I think,
> >> would be a very very good addition to Ubuntu LTS.  Especially in these
> >> dark days ahead of desktop upheaval.
> > Exactly... I didn't use that term and I should have. I don't expect to
> > see Java 7 anytime soon, but the latest stable secure version of Java 6
> > should be a given, without exposing my root user via synaptic to a
> > private repo. anonymous just loves that.
> >

> So after all that sniping, we agree to agree?  That's rather anti-climatic.

Most disagreements are usually just a matter of perception with the use
of the English Language. When I immigrate to Mars, it won't matter. The
Martians communicate with farts and tap-dancing. Their technology, with
regards to on-line conferencing, is light years ahead of our own.
:) Ric

Linux user# 44256