How to add new notebook in Tomboy Notes?

Johnny Rosenberg gurus.knugum at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 13:40:35 UTC 2011

2011/8/24 Colin Law <clanlaw at googlemail.com>:
> On 24 August 2011 14:00, Jim Byrnes <jf_byrnes at comcast.net> wrote:
>> On 08/24/2011 04:01 AM, Colin Law wrote:
>>>
>>> This may seem like a silly question, but bear with me.  Using Tomboy
>>> 1.6.0 on Natty the only way I can find to add a new notebook is to
>>> right click in the area below the list of notebooks on the Search All
>>> Notes display.  That is ok until there are sufficient notes that the
>>> list fills the window.  Then there is nowhere to right click and one
>>> has to mess about making the window larger and once the window gets to
>>> the size of the screen it becomes even more tricky.
>> I just looked at Tomboy on my notebook that has Natty.  For me
>> File-->notebook does not show a sub-menu either.  If you do File-->new you
>> will get a new note. On that window to the far right is Notebook. Clicking
>> on it will pop up a menu that will allow you to create a new notebook.  Not
>> that efficient but better than what you are doing now.
>
> Thanks for that, I had not noticed it there.  Further searching has
> led me to the relevant bug report
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/tomboy/+bug/763846
>
> Colin

This reminds me about the ”New folder” thing in Nautilus. If you view
your files as icons, you can right click between the icons and then
click ”New folder”. If you view as a list, and the list takes up the
whole window, you can not have ”New folder” in the right click menu…

Kind regards

Johnny Rosenberg
ジョニー・ローゼンバーグ